Spotlight: Fenix Lighting's hand-held flashlights allow LEOs to do their job day or night
The company's lighting products help not only with an officer being able to perform their duty, but also gets them home safely to their family
Company name: Fenix Lighting
Headquarters: Littleton, Colo.
Signature Product: Hand-held flashlights
1. Where did your company name originate from?
Fenix originates from the mythical "Phoenix," which rebirths from the sun by arising from the ashes.
2. What was the inspiration behind starting your company?
To become the leading brand in mobile lighting around the world.
3. What is your signature product and how does it work?
Fenix makes high performance lighting products to support commercial, tactical and recreational environments. We are best known for our hand-held flashlights, but also excel in categories of headlamps and lanterns for commercial applications.
4. Why do you believe your products are essential to the police community?
Whether it be entering into a home to serve a warrant, issuing a traffic ticket or searching for a missing child, LE professionals need flashlights to do their job whether day or night – sometimes multiple flashlights.
5. What has been the biggest challenge your company has faced?
Name recognition within the law enforcement and military community.
6. What makes your company unique?
Limited lifetime warranty. Fenix Lighting guarantees all Fenix products purchased to be made of first-class materials and therefore provides a lifetime warranty against any defects in material and workmanship. In addition, we offer a free 5-year repair to your light if the light is damaged in normal operating conditions.
7. What do your customers like best about you and your products?
Quality and innovation. Fenix creates unique lighting products in its company-owned facility under close scrutiny from quality assurance professionals. Unlike many of the lighting brands who use subcontracting factories to build their product, Fenix owns the performance of each and every light by controlling its R&D and production it in its company owned facility. From owners to employees, the talented team is out to replicate the craftsmen's eye for function, fit and finish. Those high standards flow from design to production to quality assurance.
8. What is the most rewarding part of serving the first responder community?
Knowing that the lighting products we provide help not only with an officer being able to perform their duty, but also that our lights can help them get them home safely to their family.
9. Is there any fun fact or trivia that you'd like to share about your company?
Fenix is distributed in over 100 countries and supports sales of tens of millions of its products throughout the world.
10. What's next for your company? Any upcoming new projects or initiatives?
We are launching a new line of lights used to support weapons this fall. This has been a widely demanded request from our customers and we are excited to see it come into launch.