Spotlight: Walther Arms, the leader in the firearms industry
Company Name: Walther Arms, Inc.
Headquarters: Fort Smith, AR
Signature Products: Firearms
1. Where did your company name originate from?
The name originated from the founder’s last name, Carl Walther.
2. What was the inspiration behind starting your company?
Carl Walther and his son Fritz Walther were from a family of gunsmiths. Their passion was to create semiautomatic handguns. They created the first blow-back semi-automatic handgun in 1908 with the Model 1.
3. What is your signature product and how does it work?
The PPK is the most iconic handgun from Walther. It’s a blow-back semi-automatic pistol that kicked off conceal carry for LE and civilians. Today, the PPQ is the flagship product. It is a semi-automatic pistol that comes in a variety of sizes and calibers, best known for having the best out-of-the-box striker-fired trigger on the market and superior ergonomics.
4. Why do you believe your products are essential to the law enforcement community?
The PPQ series provides law enforcement the most performance in a handgun platform. This product will help officers succeed in any offensive or defensive situation that they may encounter.
5. What has been the biggest challenge your company has faced?
Walther’s biggest challenge is overcoming the perception of selling firearms used mostly in pop culture for the United States market. In reality, Walther is one of the most carried pistols over the last century in military and law enforcement units across the U.S. and around the world.
6. What makes your company unique?
Walther has a long history in firearms innovation and production that spans over 130 years. In that time, the company has created unique and iconic products like the PPK and P38.
7. What do your customers like best about you and your products?
The ergonomics and trigger.
8. What is the most rewarding part of serving the first responder community?
Providing law enforcement the required tools for combating criminal activity.
9. Is there any fun fact or trivia that you’d like to share with our users about you or your company?
- Walther invented the first blow-back semi-auto handgun.
- Walther invented the first Double Action/Single Action pistol with the PP series.
- Walther invented the first conceal carry focused pistol with the PPK series.
- Walther has won gold medals at the Olympics with the competition series rifles.
- Walther created the first interchangeable backstrap system for polymer frame pistols.
- Walther invented the first Double Action/Single Action striker-fired pistol.
10. What’s next for your company? Any upcoming new projects or initiatives?
Walther Arms is committed to developing new technologies in firearms that will increase the effectiveness and safety of law enforcement officers.