Why mindset matters most when it comes to your health
It is possible to find the time, energy and motivation to focus on your health - here's how
This episode of the Policing Matters Podcast is sponsored by LexisNexis Risk Solutions. Learn more about how their Accurint Virtual Crime Center can help you solve more crime and find non-obvious connections at risk.lexisnexis.com/avcc.
With the right mindset and tactics, it is possible to get into incredible shape, own your police career in a sustainable way and connect better with your family, says Marc Hildebrand. A sergeant with the Los Angeles Police Department, Marc struggled through a 100-pound weight loss journey to get into the best shape of his life at age 43, and now shares what he learned on that journey with other officers through his company, First Responder Fitness.
In this episode of the Policing Matters podcast, host Jim Dudley speaks with Marc about the importance of setting goals and surrounding yourself with people who will hold you accountable for your actions.
Additional officer wellness resources on Police1
- Dr. John Violanti on building healthy, resilient police officers
- Sleep: The most important hack for your job and life
- Worth every minute: 3 daily stress-relief habits
- The mind-body connection: Emotional & biological effects of hypervigilance
- How to achieve 'functional fitness'
- A study in blue: Stevens Point Police Department leads the way in officer health
RATE AND REVIEW THE POLICING MATTERS PODCAST