Spotlight: Tactical Electronics' products allow LEOs to see what they're going to encounter to avoid putting themselves in harm's way
The company saw a need for camera systems that could help EOD operators and SWAT teams gain visual access to rooms and packages without having to make entry
Company name: Tactical Electronics
Headquarters: Broken Arrow, Okla.
Signature Product: CORE articulating scope
1. What was the inspiration behind starting your company?
The owner/CEO, Tim Thornton, saw a need for several camera systems that could help EOD operators and SWAT teams gain visual access to rooms and packages without having to make entry.
2. What is your signature product and how does it work?
The CORE articulating scope was first designed in 1999 to inspect the inside of packages and suspect areas. Allowing EOD operators and bomb techs to determine the best method of entry to disengage a device. The CORE Pole Camera and CORE Under Door Camera are most popular with SWAT teams as they allow a safe standoff distance from the threat.
3. Why do you believe your products are essential to the police community?
Our products allow all first responders the ability to see what they are about to encounter before having to put themselves in potentially dangerous situations.
4. What has been the biggest challenge your company has faced?
Trying to close the loop between our training clients and camera clients. We want all of our customers to know we are a one-stop-shop and can provide both their training and product needs.
5. What makes your company unique?
Everything is designed and made in house in the USA. We have the ability to turn your idea into reality with our onsite engineering department and machine shop.
6. What do your customers like best about you and your products?
Our personal touch. We work for you to ensure you have the tools and training you need to complete the mission.
7. What is the most rewarding part of serving the first responder community?
Knowing at the end of the day, our products or training might have saves someone's life.
8. Is there any fun fact or trivia that you'd like to share about you or your company?
The first product was created in the owner's garage!
9. What's next for your company? Any upcoming new projects or initiatives?
Will be debuting a new line of products late summer/fall 2021.