COVID-19 Cleaning Hard Armor
The Safariland Group’s mission, Together, We Save Lives®, is inherent in the lifesaving and protective products it delivers.
During this unpreceded time, we intend to further this mission by supporting those law enforcement, fire, and EMS agencies who are out on the front lines, selflessly exposing themselves to the deadly, respiratory disease COVID-19 (coronavirus).
According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), there is currently no vaccine to prevent COVID-19 and warn that the virus can remain infectious on hard surfaces, such as plastic and steel, for up to three (3) days.
In order to prevent exposure and illness, it is critical for first responders to frequently and thoroughly disinfect all armor equipment.
Below are important guidelines to properly disinfect Safariland® Armor products including ballistics, carriers, hard armor plates, shields and helmets.
• Visibly dirty surfaces should be cleaned using a mild detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.
• Refer to Safariland Use and Care for cleaning information on armor ballistics and carriers.
• DO NOT USE AEROSOLS, such as Lysol, on Safariland armor products. Aerosols may negatively affect the ballistic material reducing the performance of the product.
• Use only EPA-registered disinfectant wipes. Use only wipes that don’t contain bleach.
• Refer to product label for the required contact time (how long the disinfectant should remain on the surface), the product shelf-life, and all safety instructions prior to handling and use.
• The surface should remain 'visibly wet' for the prescribed contact time in order to produce disinfection. NOTE: If the surface is not kept wet for the appropriate amount of time to kill the microorganisms, it is possible to spread microorganisms with the wipe.
• It may be necessary to use more than one (1) wipe to keep the surface wet for the recommended contact time.
• After prescribed disinfectant contact time, surface may be wiped dry, or the surface may be allowed to air dry.
Should you have any additional questions or concerns regarding the proper disinfectant of Safariland armor products, please feel free to contact:
Hard Armor: Mark Cardey at email@example.com
Armor Carriers and Ballistics: Tim O’Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org
As always, we are extremely grateful for your service and offer our continued support through this trying time.
Improve the safety and effectiveness of your agency and officers with an online training solution from PoliceOne Academy. Access more than 1,500 courses and videos with reports to help you monitor and track training completion, compliance and license renewal. With PoliceOne Academy, training can be delivered during in-service, field training or in a self-paced format. SCHEDULE A FREE DEMO NOW!