ADANI Systems seeks an Entry Level Field Service Technician in Atlanta and Pittsburgh
ADANI Systems, Inc. is seeking an Entry Level Field Service Technician. This full-time position offers compensation from $16.00 to $20.00 hourly and includes dental, medical and vision benefits.
Why work here?
"ADANI Systems is the leading national manufacturer of full body scanners, however this is a small company with excellent growth potential."
Combining innovative threat detection technologies with intelligent and flexible system designs, ADANI's screening and inspection systems provide exceptional automated processing, threat recognition and throughput rates. ADANI's technologies safeguard people, airports and aircrafts, ships and the flow of goods, state boundaries, critical infrastructure and large events against present-day threats such as terrorism and illegal trafficking.
Under general supervision, performs field service activities by maintaining and servicing X-ray based security systems at customer sites. Typically handles routine products and/or problems and are able to perform these tasks without supervision, getting direction from higher-level technicians on more complex problems. Must be able to perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described below.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Provides support to regional customers by maintaining X-ray based security systems using built-in diagnostics and external test equipment.
- May work with customer via phone to identify operations/technical problems.
- Responds to customer complaints and questions.
- Sets up and utilizes specialized test and diagnostic equipment to isolate malfunctions.
- Performs site acceptance tests and equipment/system acceptance.
- Assists with performing systems demonstrations and assists at regional trade shows.
- Critical requirement: Must successfully pass a background screen to include credit.
- Education and/or experience: Graduate of technical school/or military training in electronics technology; two (2) to four (4) years experience in field service environment with working knowledge of x-ray and/or CT technologies is desirable.
- Must have strong knowledge of electronic and mechanical assemblies as well as wiring diagrams and schematics.
Other skills and abilities:
- Excellent customer interface and communication skills, both verbal and written are required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications: MS-DOS, Win 7, Win 8, and MS Office.
- Willingness to work non-standard hours including weekends and holidays.
- Must be team player with ability to prioritize and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be available to travel on short notice, non-standard hours, travel on weekends, and assist other field sites as required.
- Must be capable of lifting 75 pounds.
ADANI is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected Veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
US security clearance required: None
Travel: Yes, 90% of the time
Request more info from ADANI Systems