Spotlight: Kustom Signals has been dedicated to serving the public safety equipment needs of law enforcement since 1965
Kustom designs, manufactures and markets traffic speed radar, lidar, in-car video systems and mobile roadside speed monitoring trailers.
Company Name: Kustom Signals Inc.
Headquarters: Lenexa, KS
Signature Product: Traffic Safety Equipment
1. Where did your company name originate from?
1965 - We started out building custom amplifiers
2. What was the inspiration behind starting your company?
A lot of big musicians used our amplifiers back in the day. That knowledge of transistors lead to the start of our foray in to radar technology and we grew from there.
3. What is your signature product and how does it work?
Kustom Signals has 3 significant product lines: 1) Speed enforcement which includes RADAR and LIDAR, 2) Video products including in-car video and body-worn video and 3) Speed Awareness including trailers and pole mounted displays.
4. Why do you believe your products are essential to your vertical (Police, Fire, EMS, Corrections, Government) community?
We work hand-in-hand with law enforcement to make their jobs more efficient and safer.
5. What has been the biggest challenge your company has faced?
The financial challenges placed on law enforcement.
6. What makes your company unique?
Kustom Signals, Inc. has been dedicated to serving the public safety equipment needs of law enforcement for more than 50 years. We strive to be the worldwide leader in speed enforcement, the most trusted provider of video evidence solutions and the recognized leader in customer satisfaction.
7. What do your customers like best about you and your products?
Our commitment to being a trusted provider. Our customer service is incredible.
8. What is the most rewarding part of serving the first responder/local government community?
The law enforcement community
9. Do you support any charitable organizations within public safety/community? Tell us more.
Kustom Signals annually contributes to the Fallen Officers fund.
10. Is there any fun fact or trivia that you’d like to share with our users about you or your company?
We started out in the Rock-n-Roll business!