Honolulu Police Department purchases 1,200 Axon Body cameras; now the 45th major city to join the Axon Network
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — Axon (Nasdaq: AAXN), the global leader in connected law enforcement technologies, today announced that Honolulu Police Department, a Major Cities Chiefs Association member, will deploy 1,200 Axon Body 2 cameras with unlimited storage on the digital evidence management solution, Evidence.com. This order was received in the second quarter of 2018 and will ship in multiple phases.
The following orders were received from domestic agencies:
- Honolulu Police Department (HI): 1,200 Axon Body 2 cameras on the Unlimited Plan with five years on Evidence.com and 391 Axon Signal Vehicle units
- Chicago Police Department (IL): 400 Axon Body 2 cameras on the Technology Assurance Plan (TAP) with five years on Evidence.com (add-on order)
- New Hanover Sheriff's Office (NC): 314 Axon Body 2 cameras on TAP with five years on Evidence.com
- Waco Police Department (TX): 270 Axon Body 2 cameras on TAP with five years on Evidence.com, 90 Axon Signal Vehicle units and 235 Axon Signal PPMs
- Moline Police Department (IL): 81 Axon Body 2 cameras on the Unlimited Plan with five years on Evidence.com, 32 Axon Fleet 2 in-car video systems* on TAP with five years on Evidence.com
- Douglas County Sheriff's Office (NV): 110 Axon Body 2 cameras on the Unlimited Plan with five years on Evidence.com
- Rapid City Police Department (SD): 100 Axon Body 2 cameras on the Unlimited Plan with five years on Evidence.com and 33 Axon Signal Vehicle units
- Dallas Fort-Worth International Airport Police (TX): 24 Axon Body 2 cameras on the Unlimited Plan with five years on Evidence.com, 32 Axon Fleet in-car video systems on TAP with five years of Evidence.com and six Axon Interview camera systems
- Milwaukee Police Department (WI): 55 Axon Fleet 2 in-car video systems on TAP with five years on Evidence.com (add-on order)
- Dunwoody Police Department (GA): 51 Axon Fleet 2 in-car video systems on TAP with five years of Evidence.com
- Pennington County Police Department (SD): 36 Axon Fleet 2 in-car video systems on TAP with five years of Evidence.com
*Axon Fleet in-car video systems typically include two cameras and one Axon Signal Vehicle unit per system
Axon is a network of devices, apps and people that helps law enforcement become smarter and safer. Our mission is to Protect Life. Our technologies give law enforcement the confidence, focus, and time they need to keep their communities safe. Our products impact every aspect of an officer's day-to-day experience:
- In the field - Our Smart Weapons offer a less-lethal intermediate use of force response and our body-worn and in-car cameras collect video evidence to capture the truth of an incident; and our mobile applications enable simple evidence collection.
- At the station - Our secure, cloud-based digital evidence management solution allows officers and command staff to manage, review, share, and process digital evidence using forensic, redaction, transcription, and other tools.
- In the courtroom - Our solutions for prosecutors make collaborating across jurisdictions and agencies easy so that cases can be resolved quickly.
We work hard for those who put themselves in harm's way for all of us. To date, there are more than 226,900 software seats booked on the Axon Network around the world and more than 200,000 lives and countless dollars have been saved with the Axon Network of devices, apps and people. Learn more at www.axon.com or by calling (800) 978-2737.
Facebook is a trademark of Facebook, Inc. and Twitter is a trademark of Twitter, Inc.
Axon, Axon Body 2, Evidence.com, Axon Fleet, Axon Fleet 2, Axon Interview, Axon Network, Axon Signal, TASER, the "Delta Logo," and Protect Life are trademarks of Axon Enterprise, Inc., some of which are registered in the US and other countries. For more information, visit www.axon.com/legal. All rights reserved.
Axon Fleet 2 in-car video systems have not yet been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission ("FCC"). The sale of this device is therefore subject and conditional to the approval of the FCC. The device will comply with the appropriate rules upon sale and before delivery or distribution of the device.
Follow Axon here: