Final sign-off: How departments honor retiring cops
Police agencies across the globe show how they celebrate their officers’ last day on the job
By Suzie Ziegler
For many, the last day on the job is poignant and emotional. That’s why agencies across the world go above and beyond to show their appreciation.
Just as with the California Highway Patrol saying goodbye to its last Crown Vics — a mournful day in its own right — departments nationwide honor their retiring officers in different ways.
From final calls to bagpipe serenades, police agencies show how to honor the men and women who are poised to enter their next chapter.
- Ways to stay connected with your LE family after retirement
- Staying safe after retirement
- How to prepare your kids and family for your retirement
- Cops as storytellers: A guide to getting published
- How to make sure your financial house is in order before retiring
- One year after retirement: What I miss the most