National Police Week 2021 schedule announced
In-person events are scheduled to run October 13-17 in Washington, D.C.
By Suzie Ziegler
WASHINGTON — The National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund has released the schedule for this October’s in-person National Police Weekend.
Police Weekend 2021, hosted by the National Law Enforcement Memorial and Museum, will deliver programs designed to keep current officers safe and healthy, as well as the 33rd Annual Candlelight Vigil, honoring those fallen officers whose names have been recently added to the Memorial. The Vigil will be held on the National Mall on Thursday, October 14 at 6 p.m. ET and will also be livestreamed on the NLEOMF website, Facebook page and YouTube channel.
Events are scheduled to run October 13-17 (all times local). They include:
- Police Unity Tour Ride-In and Ceremony (Wednesday, Oct. 13 at 2 p.m.)
- Candlelight Vigil (Thursday, Oct. 14 at 6 p.m.)
- Destination Zero Conference for Officer Safety and Wellness (Friday, Oct. 15 at 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
- C.O.P.S. National Police Survivors’ Conference (Friday, Oct. 15)
- Stand Watch for the Fallen (Saturday, Oct. 16 at 2 p.m. – midnight)
- Wreath Laying Ceremony (Saturday, Oct. 16 at 2 p.m.)
- FOP 40th Annual National Peace Officers Memorial Service (Saturday, Oct. 16)
A virtual version of National Police Week ran in May due to pandemic-related restrictions. Earlier, in March, the NLEOMF announced that it had hoped for an in-person program in October.
Download the free National Police week app to follow schedule updates and announcements, available on Apple and Android.
Learn more about National Police Weekend here.