How to successfully promote in policing
There are some simple steps officers can take to secure a promotion
Whether you want to make the jump from field training officer to detective or captain to chief, honesty during the promotional process is key to securing the position, but identifying your weaknesses as well as your strengths when facing an interview board can be a challenge.
In A Cop's Simple Guide to Promotion Preparation, Millbrae (California) Police Chief Paul Kunkel helps officers walk through the police promotion process. In this episode, host Jim Dudley talks with Chief Kunkel about his top tips for promotional success.
- How to improve your odds for promotion in 2020
- 20 ways to NEVER get a police promotion
- How to develop a winning opening statement
- Police oral board interviews: How to answer personnel-related questions
- 1 way to improve a police officer’s promotion potential
- The toughest oral board questions and how to answer them