Spotlight: Getac Video Solutions driven to provide solutions and services to first responders
The company's products help responders improve their efficiency, productivity and reduce their downtime
Company name: Getac Video Solutions
Headquarters: Bloomington, Minn.
Signature Product: BC-03 Body-Worn Camera paired with the VR-X20 in-car video system
1. Where did your company name originate from?
The name came from our two parent organizations: it uses the "Ge" from GE Aerospace and the "tac" from MiTAC.
2. What was the inspiration behind starting your company?
Getac Video's mission is to deliver rugged products that can survive drops, water and deal with intense heat. Getac Video is driven to provide superior solutions and services to those who serve our communities – to help them improve efficiency, productivity and reduce downtime.
3. What is your signature product and how does it work?
Getac Video's BC-03 Body-Worn Camera – paired with the VR-X20 in-car video system –provides the latest and greatest from Getac Video. This allows agencies to run one solution for all their in-field recording needs.
4. Why do you believe your products are essential to the police community?
Video Evidence provides transparency which allows a bond of trust between agencies and the community they serve. Our solutions go above and beyond with extended power, ultra-rugged features and full HD video – even in low-light conditions.
5. What has been the biggest challenge your company has faced?
In 2020, everyone globally was dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic. Getac Video was no different. As the OEM, we started planning for the years to come to make sure we had the material to supply our products without having to adjust our lead time. This holds true still today. Our lead time has not changed since 2018.
6. What makes your company unique?
Getac has been providing rugged devices for over 30 years. Getac is vertically integrated worldwide with over 9,000 employees. Getac owns R&D, software development, supply chain management, warehousing, manufacturing, logistics and warranty with little contract manufacturing – letting us control every aspect of product for optimal client satisfaction.
7. What do your customers like most about your product?
Products are nothing without the software and support behind them. Our customers tout our support team and ability to help fit our products to their desired solution. Customers love that Getac products are feature rich and future proof. Getac provides these leading-edge products with a customer first mentality.
8. What is the most rewarding part of serving the first responder community?
Getac Video serves those who serve our communities. We provide services that our communities want while helping the agencies we serve improve their video programs. It allows for transparency on both sides, which reduces complaints and holds everyone accountable. Our solutions collect and store mission-critical information, and we provide a level of support and quality that proves we understand the importance of that.
9. Is there any fun fact or trivia that you'd like to share with our users about you or your company?Getac Video has hired 75 new employees since the start of 2019.
10. What's next for your company? Any upcoming new projects or initiatives?
Getac Video is currently working on the next generation of software and hardware as we strive to continue to improve the solutions we provide to our customers.