Chicago Police Department now fully deployed with Axon's TASER Smart Weapons
Axon announces orders for 4,943 Smart Weapons.
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. — Axon (Nasdaq: AAXN), the global leader in connected law enforcement technologies, today announced that the Chicago Police Department (CPD), a Major Cities Chiefs Association member, is now fully deployed with TASER Smart Weapons. Following CPD's recent purchase of 3,491 smart weapons, the agency is now fully deployed with nearly 7,000 TASER X2s.
Significant orders were received from the following domestic agencies and will ship in multiple phases through 2018:
- Chicago Police Department (IL): 3,491 X2s Officer Safety Program (OSP)
- St. Louis County Police Department (MO): 400 X2s
- New Mexico Corrections Department (NM): 284 X2s
- Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TN): 212 X2s
- Vermont State Police (VT): 200 X2s, TASER 60
- Rutgers University Police Department (NJ): 180 X2s, TASER 60
- Hillsboro Police Department (OR): 115 TASER X26Ps (OSP)
- Bethlehem City Police Department (PA): 100 X2s, TASER 60
- Pittsburgh Bureau of Police (PA): 100 X26Ps
- Michigan City Police Department (IN): 61 X2s, TASER 60 (add-on order)
Axon is a network of devices, apps and people that helps law enforcement become smarter and safer. Our mission is to protect life. Our technologies give law enforcement the confidence, focus, and time they need to keep their communities safe. Our products impact every aspect of an officer's day-to-day experience:
In the field - Our Smart Weapons offer a less-lethal intermediate use of force response and our body-worn and in-car cameras collect video evidence to capture the truth of an incident; and our mobile applications enable simple evidence collection.
At the station - Our secure, cloud-based digital evidence management solution allows officers and command staff to manage, review, share and process digital evidence using forensic, redaction, transcription, and other tools.
In the courtroom - Our solutions for prosecutors make collaborating across jurisdictions and agencies easy so that cases can be resolved quickly.
We work hard for those who put themselves in harm's way for all of us. To date, there are more than 187,400 licensed users from around the world and more than 195,000 lives and countless dollars have been saved with the Axon Network of devices, apps and people. Learn more at www.axon.com or by calling (800) 978-2737. Axon, Axon Citizen, the “Axon Delta” logo, Axon Insider, Axon Network, Smart Weapons, and 'Protect Life' are trademarks of Axon Enterprise, Inc., some of which are registered in the U.S. and other countries. For more information, visit www.axon.com/legal. All rights reserved.