Spotlight: Tango Tango provides all of the hardware needed to accomplish connections between first responders
The company's main focus is to allow first responders to focus on their jobs rather than maintaining more equipment
Company Name: Tango Tango
Headquarters: Huntsville, Alabama
1. What was the inspiration behind starting your company?
The founders of our company have experience in traditional radio, law enforcement, and telecommunications. They recognized a hole in the market when kids were walking around with cell phones more advanced than the communication tools most first responders had.
2. What is your signature product and how does it work?
We provide a service that connects traditional radio systems to cell phones by way of a push to talk application. Tango Tango provides all of the hardware needed to accomplish this connection. The service is fully supported and essentially turnkey which allows first responders to focus on their jobs rather than maintaining more equipment.
3. Why do you believe your products are essential to your vertical (Police, Fire, EMS, Corrections, Government) community?
Tango Tango enhances communication for first responders in a way that they have not had before. By leveraging Wi-Fi and LTE networks, communication barriers are broken down which allows for more efficient communications. Efficiency saves lives when minutes matter and Tango Tango is proud to help provide tools to further assist in first responders’ mission of serving communities nationwide.
4. What has been the biggest challenge your company has faced?
When Tango Tango started, this technology was still in its infancy. Many people did not trust this type of tech or even understand the benefits it could provide. As time and technology has advanced, connecting radio systems to LTE devices has become more widely adopted and accepted.
5. What makes your company unique?
Tango Tango provides everything as a service. This means a department is not left out in the cold with some hardware to do it themselves. Being a software as a service company, departments don’t have to worry about hardware breaking or going end of life as it is all covered under the service. We take a proactive approach to supporting the service rather than reactive. This means first responders get to focus on the mission of helping their communities while we handle the technology in the background.
6. What do your customers like best about you and your products?
Our customers have really praised our customer service and ease of implementation. Our support and operations team has first responders on staff and really focuses on providing industry-leading support to our customers. This mindset is carried through when getting a customer set up on the service which can take as little as 10 minutes.
7. What is the most rewarding part of serving the first responder/local government community?
The stories. We get to hear about how Tango Tango has helped find missing people, enabled a faster response to an incident, strengthened communications during and after disaster events, and much more. The stories from our customers that utilize our service to make their job faster and easier is what drives the company forward.
8. Do you support any charitable organizations within public safety/community? Tell us more.
Yes, we support First Responders Children’s Foundation. If a department refers another department to Tango Tango, we will donate 5% of their purchase to First Responders Children’s Foundation.
9. Is there any fun fact or trivia that you’d like to share with our users about you or your company? We have over 60 years of first responder experience on our team.
We have over 60 years of first responder experience on our team.
10. What’s next for your company? Any upcoming new projects or initiatives?
We are constantly refining our processes and offerings. We enjoy taking feedback from customers and putting it to use by creating new service offerings to improve first responder communications.