Why police departments must streamline the recruitment process
Law enforcement agencies should use every tool at their disposal – including technology – to keep candidates engaged
Recruitment and retention are huge issues in policing and whether you are trying to get into law enforcement, applying as a lateral transfer to another agency, or if you are a recruitment officer, this is a show you will not want to miss.
Rob Cate is the CEO and co-founder of Interview Now, a modern recruitment system for law enforcement. The company makes it easy for agencies to recruit, communicate and manage the next generation of law enforcement officers using automation, modern communication tools and analytics. Interview Now’s text-message-based software is already helping agencies both large and small in 20 states, including the New York State Police, the Memphis Police Department, the Dane County Sheriff’s Office and the Sunnyvale Department of Public Safety.
In this episode of Policing Matters, host Jim Dudley chats with Rob about how to make the police recruitment process more engaging for potential candidates and more effective for law enforcement agencies.
POLICE RECRUITMENT RESOURCES
- PERF report: The workforce crisis and what police agencies are doing about it
- IACP report: The state of recruitment: A crisis for law enforcement
- IACP preview: Developing an evidence-based recruitment video
- Roundtable: Predicting the future of police recruitment and retention
- Futures thinking: Could workforce sharing help solve the police recruitment crisis?
- 5 takeaways for police recruiters from the ‘Who wants to be a cop?’ series
RATE AND REVIEW THE POLICING MATTERS PODCAST