Back to school: The challenges SROs face as children return to the classroom
The executive director of the National Association of School Resource Officers discusses critical issues facing SROs nationwide
Download this week's episode on Apple Podcasts, SoundCloud, Amazon Music, Stitcher, Spotify or via RSS feed.
Over the past year, we’ve seen school districts nationwide scrutinize the deployment of school resource officers, with several cities moving to remove SROs from schools.
In this episode of Policing Matters, host Jim Dudley chats with Mo Canady, executive director of the National Association of School Resource Officers, about the critical role SROs play, including addressing student mental health issues as children return to the classroom following a year of virtual education.
- Our first line of defense: Training and recruiting school resource officers
- 3 steps to SRO success: How to be a good cop in school
- How to train and equip SROs to be a school’s first line of defense
- SRO 101: A guide to your first day in school
- Training helps SROs learn about adolescent mental health
RATE AND REVIEW THE POLICING MATTERS PODCAST
Enjoying the show? Please take a moment to rate and review us on Apple Podcasts. Contact the Policing Matters team at firstname.lastname@example.org to share ideas, suggestions and feedback.