How cyber attackers work and what they are looking for
From locking servers so they can demand ransom payments to exposing incriminating files, here's what police need to know about malicious actors online
Download this week's episode on Apple Podcasts, Amazon Music, Stitcher, Spotify or via RSS feed.
Is your agency at risk of becoming a victim of ransomware? What are departments doing to protect themselves? And what can we do as individuals to protect our phones, tablets and computers from being hacked?
In this episode, Policing Matters host Jim Dudley speaks with Eric Escobar, principal security consultant for Secureworks, about malicious activity online and how law enforcement agencies and officers can protect themselves from attack.
This episode of the Policing Matters Podcast is brought to you by Lexipol, the experts in policy, training, wellness support and grants assistance for first responders and government leaders. To learn more, visit lexipol.com.
Police1 cybersecurity resources
- The growing threat of ransomware attacks on public safety agencies
- How the Public Safety Threat Alliance helps agencies reduce their cybersecurity risks
- The digital targeting of law enforcement
- 4-step road map to maximize your cybersecurity ROI
- Cyberattackers are coming for public safety; prepare now
- 3 strategies to mitigate cybercrime
RATE AND REVIEW THE POLICING MATTERS PODCAST
Enjoying the show? Please take a moment to rate and review us on Apple Podcasts. Contact the Policing Matters team at email@example.com to share ideas, suggestions and feedback.