2018 Guide to Drones in Law Enforcement
In the same way body cameras have been a game-changer for law enforcement operations, UAVs will revolutionize many aspects of police work. According to an April 2017 report from the Bard Institute, at least 347 state and local police, sheriff, fire and EMS departments in the U.S. have acquired UAVs, with local law enforcement leading public safety drone acquisitions.
This special coverage series takes an in-depth look at considerations for police departments looking to implement a UAS program, case studies of UAS in action, how to handle community concerns and much more.
- Calif. sheriff’s office announces nearly 300 arrests in ‘Operation Bad Elf’ retail theft sting
- Maine mass shooting provides insights on critical pre-emptive interventions and response protocols
- Officers improperly arrested men for failure to provide identification
- On-demand webinar: Debunking the myths about automated speed enforcement
- How to set police supervisors up for success