In this special Policing Matters Roll Call series on officer health and well-being, host Jim Dudley speaks with Dr. David Black, founder of Cordico, and Mandy Nice, Cordico Strategic Wellness Director, about practical strategies for officers to improve their health.
In this episode, Dr. David Black discusses the warning signs of excessive alcohol consumption.
- Top quote: “If you have any difficulty limiting your intake at all, meaning you can’t keep it to one drink, it is much better never to drink at all.”
- Top tip: If you need help, there are a lot of resources available. A lot of people have had trouble with alcohol and had success stopping drinking after getting assistance. Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
- Top resource: Officers & alcohol: How much is too much?
Watch the complete series:
- Part 1: The role nutrition plays in an officer’s daily energy level
- Part 2: How flexibility and strength exercises improve physical fitness
- Part 3: How officers can improve the quality and quantity of their sleep
- Part 4: How to assess whether your alcohol consumption is negatively impacting your wellness
- Part 5: Officers, invest your emotional energy in yourself and those you care for the most
- Part 6: The power of self-assessment in maintaining wellness