In this special Policing Matters Roll Call series on officer health and well-being, host Jim Dudley speaks with Dr. David Black, founder of Cordico, and Mandy Nice, Cordico Strategic Wellness Director, about practical strategies for officers to improve their health.
In this episode, Mandy Nice discusses how nutrition relates to overall officer wellness.
- Top quote: “On a daily basis, if you don’t have enough nutrients in your body, what happens is your energy starts to deplete. What that can turn into and often does in law enforcement is weight gain.”
- Top tip: Increase your hydration. Sometimes our bodies mistake thirst for hunger.
- Top resource: 30 days to a new you: Take Police1’s better health challenge
Watch the complete series:
- Part 1: The role nutrition plays in an officer’s daily energy level
- Part 2: How flexibility and strength exercises improve physical fitness
- Part 3: How officers can improve the quality and quantity of their sleep
- Part 4: How to assess whether your alcohol consumption is negatively impacting your wellness
- Part 5: Officers, invest your emotional energy in yourself and those you care for the most
- Part 6: The power of self-assessment in maintaining wellness