In this special Policing Matters Roll Call series on officer health and well-being, host Jim Dudley speaks with Dr. David Black, founder of Cordico, and Mandy Nice, Cordico Strategic Wellness Director, about practical strategies for officers to improve their health.
In this episode, Dr. David Black and Mandy Nice discuss proactive measures officers can take to improve their sleep.
- Top quote: “Research shows that about 75% of our law enforcement do not get sufficient sleep on their shift nights.”
- Top tip: Invest in a sleep mask. Full retinal blackout stimulates your body to produce natural melatonin.
- Top resource: Simple hacks for improved sleep
Watch the complete series:
- Part 1: The role nutrition plays in an officer’s daily energy level
- Part 2: How flexibility and strength exercises improve physical fitness
- Part 3: How officers can improve the quality and quantity of their sleep
- Part 4: How to assess whether your alcohol consumption is negatively impacting your wellness
- Part 5: Officers, invest your emotional energy in yourself and those you care for the most
- Part 6: The power of self-assessment in maintaining wellness