What cops need to know about the COVID vaccine right now
60 million Americans have currently had at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine – here’s why cops should consider joining that number
This episode of Policing Matters is sponsored by KENWOOD. We are committed to providing modern, turnkey critical communications solutions for today and the future.
In December 2020, Police1 asked LEOs to weigh in on COVID-19 vaccination mandates, ethical obligations and whether they will be vaccinated. More than 3,300 officers responded to a survey, with 38% saying yes to vaccination.
In this episode of the Policing Matters podcast, host Jim Dudley speaks with John M. Williams, Sr., MD, MPH, a physician and reserve deputy sheriff in southern Colorado, about some of the concerns people have expressed regarding the safety and efficacy of the COVID-19 vaccine, the reasons why LEOs should consider getting vaccinated and how police leaders can improve officer vaccination rates.
- Police1: COVID-19 law enforcement deaths
- COVID-19 vaccine FAQs for cops
- I’ve been offered the COVID-19 vaccine. What do I do now?
- COVID vaccine advice from a SWAT officer and cardiologist
- NM county mandates COVID-19 vaccines for first responders
- Arizona police leaders discuss COVID infection rates among officers, vaccination protocols