10 strange places cops have found guns
#1. In a diaper bag strapped around the mom’s shoulders with her baby in her arms walking into a courtroom/jail
By Police1 Staff
Check out our list of their answers below, and be sure to read our column on the importance of conducting thorough searches.
- "In a diaper bag strapped around the mom’s shoulders with her baby in her arms ... walking into a courtroom/jail." – Brian Golio
- "I served a narco warrant on a female's nether region and the doctor recovered a large bag of cocaine and a small .38 semi-auto. All I heard the doctor and nurses say as they were searching on my behalf was, 'Oh my God, oh my God!'" – Robert Baker
- "Oven mitts on the kitchen wall. It was a big mess everywhere in the house [except for] the two nicely placed mitts on the wall." – Peter Phanine
- "Inside the electrical box in a cabin. I looked inside when I realized the cabin never had power." – Michael Seligsohn
- "A Mac 11 with three full 30-round mags in an 11-year-old’s pants." – David Fee
- "A woman asked to go to the bedroom and get a box of tissues during a domestic dispute for her 'crying.' Since there weren't any tears, I got her the tissue box and found it heavy with a .22 long two-barrel Derringer." – William Saunders
- "During a search warrant, found a large magnet in a desk drawer, looked underneath the drawer and saw that the magnet was holding up a 1911." – Lorange AE
- "Wrapped in aluminum in a freezer … under frozen fish." – David Mothkovich
- "In a wig on someone’s head!" – Patricia Vaughn
- "Guy was sitting on it in a wheelchair. The muzzle was sticking out from behind the cushion." – Nicolai Ginoviev Adelekan
This article, originally published August 31, 2015, has been updated with current information.