Dr. David Black on how the Cordico app provides wellness support for cops
The app provides handheld access to anonymous self-assessments, peer support, instructional videos and geo-mapping of vetted therapists among other resources
It cannot be overstated that 2020 was a tough year for anyone connected with public safety and 2021 seems to be on par for the same level of stress, although hopefully to a lesser extent, experienced by our police, sheriffs, 911 emergency communications personnel, firefighters, EMS providers and others.
There is good news that comes in the form of support and wellness for these heroes and their families and support groups.
Cordico is a wellness application that addresses the needs of our public safety family. On this episode of Policing Matters, host Jim Dudley chats with Cordico founder and president Dr. David Black about his work to provide customized, confidential, mobile wellness applications for law enforcement agencies nationwide.
- Learn more about Cordico
- 5 reasons law enforcement leaders choose the Cordico Shield solution
- Critical incident self-care
OFFICER WELLNESS ACTION ITEMS FROM POLICE1
- Download Police1's eBook on prioritizing mental & emotional health
- Follow these steps to reduce and manage officer stress
- Ask these questions if you are feeling stressed
- Watch this on-demand webinar on how to heal stress-damaged relationships
- Learn how to enhance first responder resilience through mindfulness
- Discover what mindfulness is not: 8 pitfalls first responders must avoid
RATE AND REVIEW THE POLICING MATTERS PODCAST