Top videos of sovereign citizens getting owned by police
"I'm not driving, I'm traveling"
While the threat of the sovereign citizen movement is no laughing matter, it’s undeniably funny when these anti-government agitators have interactions with police that don’t quite go the way they had hoped. That’s why we’ve gathered the best clips of sovereign citizens getting owned by cops.
1. After this sovereign citizen spent nearly five minutes talking about the legality of Texas traffic codes, the officer familiarized him with the landmark SCOTUS case, Baton v. Window.
2. One classic sovereign citizen tactic is attempting to throw as much “legal” mumbo jumbo at a cop as they can in the hope the officer will let them go, as this video is a great example of. Spoiler: It doesn’t work.
3. “Article Four Free Inhabitant.” ‘Nuff said.
4. “I do not consent!”
5. Last anyone checked, the argument was still going.
6. One of the many examples of the classic “traveling not driving” sovereign citizen argument.
7. His “legal counsel” wasn’t of much help.
All laughs aside, chances are you’ll run into a sovereign citizen at least once during the course of your police career, so it’s important to be prepared.