Spotlight: Steiner-Optics' products focus on reliability, ruggedness and optical clarity
In 2009, the company decided to go from a binoculars-only manufacturer to a binoculars and aiming devices manufacturer
Company name: Steiner-Optics
Headquarters: Greeley, Colo.
Signature product: M7Xi 4-28x56 IFS riflescope
1. Where did your company name originate from?
It is the name of our founder. The Steiner family managed the company from 1947 to 2008, when it was sold to the Beretta family and holding.
2. What was the inspiration behind starting your company?
Steiner was founded immediately after the ruins of World War II with the intent of becoming a cameras and optics manufacturer. However, it quickly appeared clear the Steiner future was to build binoculars of the highest quality.
3. What is your signature product and how does it work?
Steiner offers a variety of products in various segments. Our current signature product is the M7Xi 4-28x56 IFS riflescope, which integrates digital technology to maximize precision and efficiency for shooters. It offers on board ballistic solver, sensors for humidity, temperature and pressure. It has electronic turrets "knowing their own position," internal overlaid display shows actual settings and suggested turret settings for a given ballistic solution. It connects with the Steiner Connect app as well as to third parties' devices such as Kestrel.
4. Why do you believe your products are essential to the police community?
Steiner products are products you can always rely on. Steiner's core pillars include reliability, ruggedness and optical clarity. When it comes to LE or self-defense dependability, Steiner products will never let you down when the moment comes. All this in conjunction with continued innovation puts Steiner right at the top of the LE market.
5. What has been the biggest challenge your company has faced?
The decision to go from a binoculars-only manufacturer to a binoculars and aiming devices manufacturer in 2009. Now, Steiner is a market leader in providing riflescope to most military forces in the western world with the M-series. We can say that the challenge has been won.
6. What makes your company unique?
Steiner is a company that fuses together tradition and innovation like no other. On top of that, Steiner offers a complete line of products ranging from binoculars to laser range finding binoculars, riflescopes, red dots, pistol sights, thermal overlaid red dot sights, digital thermal handheld, clip on riflescopes, aiming lasers, beacons, flashlights and more. No matter the scenario, Steiner has you covered.
7. What do your customers like best about you and your products?
Reliability, precision, ruggedness, clarity and innovation.
8. What is the most rewarding part of serving the first responder community?
Keeping people safe is always target No. 1 and we are happy to have a small role in it.
9. Do you support any charitable organizations within public safety or your community?
We have supported numerous agencies and non-profits over the years and continue to support our local first responders in our USA office located in Greeley, Colorado.
10. Is there any fun fact or trivia that you'd like to share about you or your company?
Steiner is a German company, but has a USA division based in Greeley, Colorado. Many of Steiner’s riflescopes are manufactured there.
11. What's next for your company? Any upcoming new projects or initiatives?
Many exciting new products coming on the LE side, involving never seen before technologies, but we can’t say too much yet.