Words and phrases to avoid when writing police reports
Why you should keep it simple
There are many words and phrases that could be replaced in police reports. In this tip, risk management expert and Lexipol co-founder Gordon Graham outlines what terms to avoid.
ADDITIONAL REPORT-WRITING RESOURCES
- How to write organized and concise police reports
- How to write a better police report
- How to set up spellcheck to proofread your police report
- 3 simple ways to instantly improve your report writing
- How being grilled by a criminal defense attorney can help officers write better police reports
- How speech recognition technology improves police report writing
Improve the safety and effectiveness of your agency and officers with an online training solution from PoliceOne Academy. Access more than 1,500 courses and videos with reports to help you monitor and track training completion, compliance and license renewal. With PoliceOne Academy, training can be delivered during in-service, field training or in a self-paced format. SCHEDULE A FREE DEMO NOW!