27 reasons for women in law enforcement to celebrate
Have some fun, enjoy a few laughs, and be grateful that you — and your brothers and sisters — are part of greatest profession in the world
As yet another year draws toward its end, and we gear up to celebrate things like our faith, our family, and our togetherness, I want to invite all of my sisters in law enforcement to join me in a little celebration of our own.
Think about all that is wonderful and unique about being a part of the law enforcement profession. Go beyond the ordinary and ponder these 27 reasons to be glad you’re a female crimefighter.
1. You get to carry a gun — heck, you can carry as many guns as you want!
2. You have lots and lots of brothers.
3. You can rack a 12 gauge shotgun just like the mom in the Terminator movies.
4. You never have to worry about what you’re going to wear to work.
5. Blue (brown, green, khaki, tan) looks good on you.
6. You ROCK aviator sunglasses!
7. Firefighters invite you to the station for dinner — a lot.
8. You get to play with knives.
9. You get to put handcuffs on people you’re not in a relationship with.
10. Three words: Black. Leather. Boots.
11. You get to save the day.
12. You have your own rifle, and you know how to use it.
13. Every day is an adventure.
14. At parties you have better stories than everyone else.
15. Kids think you’re cool.
16. Adults look up to you.
17. Every domestic dispute you go on makes you feel better about your own family.
18. Your own kids brag about you when you’re not around.
19. You’re part of a really big family.
20. The other moms in the PTA are a little afraid of you.
21. You can change a tire in less than five minutes.
22. You’re always the coolest parent at “Career Day.”
23. You have a holster for every outfit.
24. When you walk into a restaurant people turn their heads and stare at you (like being a Kardashian... only better!)
25. You are somebody’s role model.
26. You are someone’s hero.
27. What you do matters — a LOT!
Let’s face it: we don’t spend nearly enough time focusing on the positive aspects of this job. I challenge you to add to this list. Have some fun, enjoy a few laughs, and be grateful that you — and your brothers and sisters — are part of greatest profession in the world.
- Women Officers