11 fantastic discounts for law enforcement officers
Many merchants offer special discounts to LEOs as a “thank you” for their service
By Police1 Staff
As a police officer, you face extraordinary challenges every day because it’s what you were born to do. You’re not in it for praise or accolades (even though you absolutely deserve them). But it’s still nice to be acknowledged for the service you provide, and many companies offer great discounts for being a law enforcement officer. We’ve gathered 11 fantastic discounts you can use for everything from outdoor gear to a relaxing getaway.
Discounts for law enforcement officers
1. Sandals Resorts: If you’re able to get away this winter, do it at a discount. Active and retired police officers can get an additional 10 percent discount on any promotion at Sandals Resorts.
2. Royal Caribbean: Royal Caribbean offers special pricing for police officers, firefighters, military personnel and veterans on select ships and sailings. Anyone occupying the same room as the officer is also eligible for the discount. Refer to their website for a more detailed look at discounted rates.
3. GOVX: All uniformed professionals, including military, police, firefighters and EMS providers are offered membership with GOVX, which includes 65% off over 400 retail brands, exclusive sports, concert and other tickets as well as special deals on travel packages, hotels, rental cars and theme parks.
4. Auto insurance: If you’ve also served our country in the military, you can get a discount on auto insurance. Several providers dole out discounts, so it’s important to compare different auto insurers to see which provides the best discount for veterans.
6. Columbia: Columbia’s Professional Purchase Program offers a discount to all employees of government agencies who actively work outdoors, as well as law enforcement officers, firefighters and military personnel. Under the terms of service, members of the Professional Purchase Program may not disclose pricing information to anyone who is not an active member of the program.
7. Under Armour: Active police officers, firefighters, EMS providers, military personnel and veterans can take advantage of a 10% discount offered by the clothing brand Under Armour. You just need to select the military and first responder discount at checkout (if you’re online shopping) and you can verify your status instantly.
8. Ford: Ford offers discounts to police officers through its First Responder Appreciation Program. The offers vary, but right now you can get $500 in bonus cash when you buy a car through the program.
9. Apple: The popular electronics brand offers government employees special pricing on personal electronic devices. To redeem their offer go to this page.
10. Costco: Costco is offering an exclusive discount to first responders on their membership. New members are also eligible to receive a $20 shop card. Note: this offer is only for new memberships, not member renewals.
11. Oakley Standard Issue: This division of Oakley Inc. caters to first responders, military personnel and other government employees. Products through this division are marked at a special rate. Register on their webpage for access to products at discounted prices.
Finally, before taking a discount, be sure you know your department’s policy on accepting such gifts – no discount is worth losing your job. Do you know of additional retailers that offer discounts for public safety officials? Complete the form below to let us know about any we may have missed.
This article, originally published 11/21/2017, has been updated.