Safeguarding your mental wellness: Tips from 'the cop doc'
Policing may never have been more stressful for officers than right now
Policing may never have been more stressful for officers than right now. Between the COVID-19 pandemic and the current protests and civil unrest in response to the in-custody death of George Floyd, cops nationwide are facing unprecedented levels of criticism from all corners. Managing the stress brought on by these events is key to peak performance. In this episode, host Jim Dudley talks to Ellen Kirschman – AKA “the cop doc” – about strategies police can use to protect their mental wellness during these trying times.
- Officer wellness: Prioritizing mental & emotional health (eBook)
- How police leadership can respond to officer mental health crises
- 9 steps to creating a culture that supports officer mental wellness
- Promoting positive coping strategies in law enforcement
- A playbook for psychological health during the COVID-19 pandemic