Spotlight: Digital Ally and their video evidence technology is an ally to both law enforcement and the citizens they serve and protect
The company's main focus is to understand what is needed to serve and protect – both now and into the future.
Company Name: Digital Ally
Headquarters: Lenexa, Kansas
1. Our innovative video evidence technology is an ally to both law enforcement and the citizens they serve and protect.
2. Stan Ross, CEO of Digital Ally, has long recognized the profound impact law enforcement and emergency responders have on all of us. At an early age, respect for law enforcement was taught – and mostly followed – in the Ross household in the small southeastern Kansas town of Chanute.
“My dad, Bud, was an entrepreneur and electronics innovator,” said Ross, adding, “He started and ran a very successful radar company, so understanding and respecting law enforcement was very much a part of our family life.”
Not that Ross was always found himself on the right side of the law.
“Yeah, my siblings and I were not strangers to good, clean fun,” Ross joked, adding, “My few interactions with officers of the law always ended positively and professionally, fueling my respect.”
This heritage of technology innovation and understanding of the evolving needs of law enforcement, specifically in the area of evidence capture, prompted the Ross family to launch Digital Ally in 2004.
3. Our signature product that revolutionized the law enforcement industry is our patented VuLink technology, commonly referred to as automatic activation. VuLink seamlessly connects in-car camera systems and body-worn cameras together, allowing for activation of both systems simultaneously.
4. As the true innovators in our field, with former law enforcement personnel on our team, and deep relationships with agencies worldwide, we are on the forefront of what is needed to serve and protect – both now and into the future.
5. It’s always a challenge for any company to pivot products and services to immediately help with the shifting needs of the marketplace. For instance, our current pandemic and civil unrest. Responding with no-money-down subscription plans for law enforcement and first responders, plus launching highly-effective and safe products like our Shield Disinfectant line and ThermoVu temperature screening technology, is the type of response to challenges that Digital Ally is known and respected for.
6. A unique combination of innovation, support levels and commitment to law enforcement.
7. They are dependable and flexible, and our engineers are always working on the next hardware and software iteration needed by law enforcement and first responders.
8. Knowing that our products and services are critical to keeping everyone safe and improving their job performance.