NG911 and FirstNet: Breaking down the differences
The visual report was created to help local leaders understand how the two resources can work together to improve emergency communication
By Police1 Staff
WASHINGTON —The National 911 Program and NASNA teamed up to create a guide to help authorities better understand how to use NG911 and FirstNet.
911.gov reported that the two organizations created a visual resource to lay out the differences and similarities between NG911 and FirstNet, and how they can together improve communication in emergency situations.
"It is imperative to the 911 community, first responders and the public that these two systems work together seamlessly. They are two parts of the whole, and are both critical in bringing 911 into the digital age," National 911 Program Coordinator Laurie Flaherty said.
The brochure includes:
- A summary of the benefits and risks of NG911 and FirstNet
- An overview of the differences between the two systems
- An infographic detailing how the systems will work together
- A look into the future of NG911 capabilities
- Ways state and local leaders can support the transition to NG911
The resource is available to download on 911.gov.