Chevrolet debuts its first pursuit-rated Silverado pickup truck
The four-door, short-bed truck is designed to stay dynamic at high speeds
By Police1 Staff
DETROIT — On Wednesday, Chevrolet announced its first ever pursuit-rated Silverado. The 2023 Silverado Police Pursuit Vehicle is a four-door, short-bed, four-wheel drive pickup truck designed for high speeds and dynamic capability, according to a press release.
“We are constantly having conversations with customers and evaluating how we can better meet their needs,” said Ed Peper, U.S. vice president of GM Fleet. “Our 25 years of engineering Tahoe police pursuit vehicles coupled with Chevrolet’s 100 years of truck success, puts us in a great position to deliver a truly capable Silverado PPV for our customers.”
The Silverado’s highlights include a 355-horsepower 5.3L V-8 engine, standard 10-speed automatic transmission and six-piston Brembo brake front calipers with 16-inch rotors for increased brake durability. The pickup also has a 9,300-pound towing capacity.
The truck can be upgraded for a variety of police-specific needs, including a customizable cockpit, LED spot lamps, and rewiring to connect the truck’s horn and siren.
For more information about the Silverado Police Pursuit Vehicle see here.
Additional vehicle-related resources from Police1
- How to buy vehicle equipment (eBook)
- How in-car video systems benefit law enforcement (eBook)
- Debunking the top 10 electric vehicle myths in law enforcement
- Meet this California PD's tricked out Tesla
- Ford Mustang Mach-E passes Mich. State Police test — the 1st all-electric vehicle to do so
- NYC buys 184 Mustang Mach-E electric cars for LE, emergency response
- All-electric off-road vehicle now available from Polaris