The Standoff Situations topic page offers a variety of tactical tips and strategic concepts to make sure the innocents are spared, the subject is secured, and the officers go home safely. When a suspect is barricaded in place, many things must happen for a successful resolution, such as setting up outer and inner perimeters, and making contact with the subject.
- Calif. sheriff’s office announces nearly 300 arrests in ‘Operation Bad Elf’ retail theft sting
- Maine mass shooting provides insights on critical pre-emptive interventions and response protocols
- Officers improperly arrested men for failure to provide identification
- On-demand webinar: Debunking the myths about automated speed enforcement
- How to set police supervisors up for success